Wednesday, 15 December 2010

The Blogosphere

The blogosphere contracts once more. Iain Dale has hung up his keyboard, and Tory Bear has gone public to work with Guido. Even Old Holborn is getting quieter - although not completely silent. I don't think my lunch hours would have quite as much humour without him!

The Blogosphere. Damn that Red Matter*.

I suppose many people turn to political blogging out of sheer frustration with the incumbent government - I know I did. The constant intrusion into my life and the injustices meted out by an incompetent, increasingly authoritarian Labour government led to my discovery of this wonderful past-time, and some of its most prolific writers. Some are now taking a bow, disappearing into the ether, perhaps to return when, inevitably, the current bunch of wankers we have in power are booted out, only to be replaced with another bunch of wankers who may not foul things up so much. That's how it generally works.

Of course, my aim from blogging is not to secure Conservative-led hegemony, but to vent my spleen. I'm not ranting as much about the Tories and the Lib Dems at the moment, because, for the most part, they don't seem to be fucking things up quite as much as the last lot. But they're only 6 months in. The last bunch of lying bastards had 13 fucking years.

*Gratuitous 'Star Trek' reference. Deal with it.