Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Cameron on an EU Referendum

Dear Prime Minister,

In Prime Minister's Questions today, you were asked by Mr Peter Bone, '...may we have a referendum on whether the United Kingdom should remain in the European Union?'

You answered: '...I am afraid that I must disappoint my Honourable Friend... I think that we are better off inside the EU but making changes to it, in the way that we are setting out.'

So, you are refusing us a referendum on the EU because you think that we should stay in it.

You think we should keep the First Past the Post voting system, but you're still giving a referendum on that. Why is the EU any different?

Give us the choice, and then by all means, campaign for an 'In' vote. I'll be happy to listen to your argument so that I can make an informed choice. But don't presume to second-guess what I, and my fellow voters, might say.

In other words, don't be such a fucking hypocrite.

Love and kisses,

James Dennis

Be careful. I might upgrade you.