Monday, 28 November 2011

The Tram Racist

This video has popped up on the Internet today:


For those of you who don't have video means, or simply can't be arsed to play it, it depicts a woman making some quite unpleasant remarks to her fellow passengers about the colour of their skin, and how, because of that, they have no right to be in the UK.

What has astonished me is not the senseless bigotry displayed by this misguided woman, but that many people seem surprised by it.

Really?

I mean, seriously? You've not seen this coming from about ten miles off?

To be quite honest, with the immigration this country has seen over the last twenty years or so, I'm surprised it's not kicked off sooner.

That doesn't mean to say that I condone what this woman has to say. I most certainly do not. She is a despicable bigot of the worst kind. However, her reaction doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Immigration and the political cult of multiculturalism has permanently changed this country, and people in some communities have witnessed a pace of change which has been unbelieveable. They have seen different communities spring up alongside and amongst them within a matter of years. They are confused by it, and they don't understand it. And so, in a natural human way, they fear it. And some are now starting to lash out, blindly, irresponsibly, and indiscriminately.

That doesn't mean her reaction is right. It isn't. Just because she is afraid of people with a different colour skin to hers, because they behave slightly differently, or because they have a different accent, doesn't mean that they have no right to be in this country. For my part, I'd accept a hard-working immigrant over a lazy white Briton any day of the week. It's not immigrants I despise - it's the misplaced sense of entitlement that permeates our entire culture. But I can't say that I'm surprised by her reaction, and indeed, it certainly isn't unique. I have found similar attitudes in many different people, driven by the same fear. The politically-correct multicultural brigade would like to pretend that these reactions don't happen, that people don't think like this. But every now and again, reality rears it's ugly head, and reminds us.

The sad thing about this, is that it was predicted.

'As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood".'
- Enoch Powell

Tell me he was wrong. I dare you.