Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Enough is Enough

I've been tolerant. I've been reasonable. Hell, I've been unreasonable. I've been ranty and shouty. But nothing has changed.

This one did it today. The Government's much-touted workfare scheme, where people on long term unemployment benefits are assigned a job and threatened with removal of their benefits, has been scuppered by the actions of a few hard-line, left-wing militants. Let it be known that THIS was the hair that broke the camel's back.

This small group of hard-left extremists are now holding the country to ransom. They can't face the fact that the Conservatives are in government. Although, a poor excuse for a government it is. A government that tucks its tail between its legs instead of gritting its teeth for the fight. A government which continues to spend MY FUCKING MONEY like it's going out of fashion. A government that taxes some of the poorest people in society at 73%. Still, I never thought I would again see the day when 'TORY SCUM' painted onto billboards was a common - even tolerated - sight.

This government is shit. Without a doubt. They're almost as bad as Brown and his cronies. Almost.

What this country needs is decisive leadership to take on the vested interests that really rule this country - the hard-left extremists, the union barons, the bankers and the FTSE 100 CEOs.

We have a power vaccum. We need someone with authority, integrity and principle to step up to the plate. We need a Pitt, or a Thatcher, or a Churchill. We need an Elizabeth I, a Henry VIII, or an Alfred the Great. We currently have Clegg, Cameron and Miliband. None of them are up to the job.

By God, we need a miracle.

I know there are some real conservatives out there - who are sick to the back teeth of this benefit-addicted, over-taxing, over-bearing, over-regulating, liberty-stealing, soul-crushing Nanny State. I also know that - like me - they've been moaning about it for far too long. Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come for action.

It was once said that all is required for tyranny to prosper is for good men to stand by and do nothing. I, for one, am tired of doing nothing.

So, today, I have JOINED the Conservative Party. And I intend to put a fucking ROCKET up their arses. I will NOT tow the Party Line if I disagree with it. I will NOT criticise other party's policies if I agree with them. I will NOT select candidates that don't support MY politics. And they WILL listen to me - they have to, I now help to pay for their electoral campaigns.

So, to all out there who profess to have some common sense - libertarians, Rightists, anti-Statists, conservatives... join me. Join me in taking back the Conservative Party, ridding it of the cowards who serve it only to line their own pockets, and ushering in a new age of freedom and liberty.

Today, I am a Tory. God help me.